Monday, February 1, 2016

Goodbye for now

Dear readers,

I have thought about this for a long time and done a lot of journaling and plain soul-searching. I have come to the conclusion that at least for now, I’m discontinuing posts on this blog.

I started this blog in November 2011, and I’ve since made many friends in the mental health advocacy world and in the blogging world itself. I have learned so much more about myself and the disorder that I initially wrote about: OCD.

I treasure each one of you who have followed me along the way.

As you know, I haven’t written much this year. I felt like I had nothing to say. And I realized and finally admitted to myself that I wanted to follow another passion of mine, a passion that I was writing about more and more on this blog: my love of animals, especially cats.

I am starting a new blog called Following Cats, located at http://www.followingcats.com/. I published my first post today. If you are interested, please go over and see if it’s a blog you think you might like to keep up with.

I consider many of you friends, and I hope not to lose touch with you. I will be coming by your blogs.

Thank you for the years of support and encouragement you have given me. Thank you for helping me through many dark times. Thank you for connecting with me. You have been gifts to me.

With love and peace,

Tina

9 comments:

  1. I'll be sure to pass the link to your new blog to my partner, who is a great animal lover. It's been fantastic to connect with you about OCD across the seas. Best of luck with everything you go on to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will miss these posts, but I totally get it! We all have to follow our passions in life, and we don't have time to do it all. Best of luck with the new blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tina, "To every thing there is a season......" It has been a true honor to have connected with you and blogged together over the years. Moving on from OCD to cats sounds like a great move :). I wish you all the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. At first I was upset and was going to comment that I'd miss you, but then I saw your news about your new blog and, as a fellow cat lover, am delighted I don't have to say goodbye! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, you know I'm a cat fan so I'll be checking you out over at your new blog. I, too, am pleased we don't have to say goodbye.

    For what it's worth, Tina, I have enjoyed every post you've ever shared -- I've learned more about OCD, I still remember your garden structure and I hope you are really happy with your new job. I hope when it's appropriate you'll bring a little of you into your new blog, too so we know the whole Tina! Till then...!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This has been a wonderful blog and I'm sorry to see it go. But I'm glad you're not leaving the blogging world completely. I'm going to go check out your new one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was a first class blog in many ways:writing, info and a personal account. I will miss it. Thanks for the contribution you made .

    ReplyDelete
  8. You made many interesting posts, a number of which were likely helpful to people. I hope you'll leave the blog up, even as you move on!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'll be sure to follow your new blog! Looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete